3-Day EKG Technician Course
A Faster Path To EKG Certification
Most Healthcare professionals have experience, but lack documentation. Why spend thousands of dollars going back to school in tough economic times like these for skills they already have when they really only need a refresher, or certification.
Upon successful completion participants will receive
- Completion Certificate
- Reference letter
- Upon successful completion participants will have the opportunity to take the National Certification (NHA ) exam
This course presents the student with an introductory overview related to the anatomy and physiology of the heart. It also explores normal electrical conduction as well as common variations as evidenced by changes in the waveform on the cardiac monitoring device. The course will also focus on the student’s ability to perform cardiac monitoring via 3, 5 and 12 lead monitoring devices.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon the successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Define unique characteristics of the cardiac system related to anatomy and physiology of the
- Demonstrate understanding of normal electrophysiology of the cardiac system.
- Recognize normal waveforms in the electrical conduction of the cardiac system.
- Identify common variations in the electrical conduction of the cardiac system.
- Distinguish deadly heart rhythms in the electrical conduction of the cardiac system.
- Demonstrate understanding and differences of 3, 5 and12 lead cardiac monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role and responsibilities of a person obtaining & or monitoring EKG.
- Perform a 12 lead EKG.